If you love to read, like I do, you might be interested in the following titles. They’re a few of my favourites. I hope they become yours too.
* The Forgotten Body: A Way of Knowing and Understanding Self, by Elissa Cobb. A beautiful book reminding us of how the body can be an incomparable guide through the process of healing suffering and living an authentic life.
* The Art of Yoga, by Sharon Gannon and David Life. A work of art in its own right, this inspiring book skilfully illustrates the art and soul of Yoga through well-crafted imagery and the spiritual wisdom of its creators.
* Yoga for Depression: A Compassionate Guide to Relieve Suffering Through Yoga, by Amy Weintrub. An excellent book guiding the reader to relieve symptoms of a range of the depressions, through Yoga. It brings renewed hope to those living with depression and seeking inner peace.
* Yoga Truth, Yoga Fiction, by Sandra Sammartino. A long awaited publication from a Master Yoga teacher whose writing and heart will teach you what Yoga is really all about. A must read. Visit http://www.sammartinoyoga.com for details.
* YOGAWOMAN. An inspiring and moving film about peace and empowerment through Yoga, and the new breed of cutting edge female teachers around the world leading the way. Narrated by Annette Bening. Well worth the watch.
* Restorative style of Yoga for stressed out women over 40 will be coming to West Vancouver. If you’d like to learn more, get in touch at
* Who else?
Dial 911 If you need immediate emergency assistance.
Dial xxx xxx If you’re in a personal crisis and need to talk to someone now. North Shore Crisis Line.
Dial xxx xxxx If you’re a woman, with or without children, being battered by a partner/friend/relative. North Shore Crisis Line, for residents of North Vancouver and West Vancouver.
Dial 778.819.2949 If you’re a man, with or without children, being battered by a partner/friend/relative. Canadian Center for Men and Families. Vancouver office.